Saturday 12 April 2014

PIECE OF ART

Watching posts of some of friends on fb reminds me, my piece of art..

It was a 'dark alley' to the special edu block in my previous school with lots of unused and rejected furnitures..desk and chairs.. The wall was very dull and fading in colour..I like to do something and change the alley..which soon is called 'Laluan Ilmu' to Special Education block..which always situated at the back of the school..It was quite frustrating..as it was very dangerous for the kids who use the alley everyday..to go to the toilet, canteen, come and go home..

I tried and asked the helps of the school gardener to move the furniture and initiated the painting process. Luckily then we had a Guru ganti for a short period..to help me paint the wall..the parts that I could not reach..never mind..even only for a short time and little help..he was actually pushing me more to stay back even until 1945H at school.

Even the guard was so surprised to see me.."teacher..cikgu petang pun dah balik, tak takut ke?" ...and I asked him.."semua murid dah balik ke?" as I knew..there were parents who picked their children quite late..That year..at 1945H..was not that dark...remang-remang cahaya..last light...and my house was not that far..

Berani!

But I do experienced weird feelings..


It was a windy evening..and the rain looks like to fall in just a short while..but I kept delaying..I was so excited to finish my 'bird'..

Suddenly..there was a quirky sound..the winds blew ..whistling..it was dark in a blink..
waa..it was so creepy..and I was alone at school!..If I'm not mistaken it was around 1840h..

(and that teacher did not come as promised...   later he said it was raining)

I quickly packed all the things..fast as lightning..and hurried home..

waa..what an experience..I can still remember clearly..

As I always love and appreciate art and love the vibrant colour..Even though I always got A during PSV class in school..but that was very long time since then..I did not draw or experimenting with colour..I have tried my best to do the mural..

What I had in mind at that time..was something cute, beautiful and have add in value of knowledge..not simply art and decorations..

Not only me..who used the drawings during the teaching and learning process..other teachers soon use it....Alhamdullillah..

it pays..the unnerving and haunting experience..and tiredness...of course..

I even went to school alone on Sunday to finish my work..

Sadly I can't find the photo of newly painted wall..
My kids..of course..they would try to paint too..interested!hence we can see new hand print..and colours on the wall. I actually planned to leave a space for them to express their own 'arts'.

 'Laluan ilmu'

The board contains news on Special edu...the organisation charts, info about the program and class..

later we add more boards with more info and pupils work.

It was quite difficult to take the picture of the wall as it was very small area..and I could not shoot from afar to get a full view...







classroom

The class wall was quite sad to look at before this..When I reached the school..the class wall was all pasted with picture card..with double sided tape..Thus we need to repaint the wall few layers to give a vibrant new look. 


There were also fruits and others..I could not find them..sorry..mmm

Most of the drawings are in English Language..and free handed..except for the wording..I prepare template from card board ..print the word first..just to ensure I get a clear word..

Do notice the small letter 'y'..the correct 'y' when teaching our primary level of pupils..others are basically the variant..or cursive font..

It's past 2.35am..the internet was very slow..even after four times of super booster purchased..

Have rest every body..and have good day ahead..


No comments:

Post a Comment