Wednesday 27 May 2020

Towards Inclusive Training for Inclusive Education (Published paper in INTED2019 Proceedings)

Assalamualaikum wbt.

Good day.


Alhamdulillah, I had the opportunity to present a paper at a prestigious international conference in 2019. The conference was the 13th International Technology, Education and Development Conference, held in Valencia, Spain on the 11th, 12th and the 13th of November 2019. The INTED conference is an annual event attended and joined by many practitioners, researchers and scholars across the globe such as Finland, Germany, Greece, Portugal, Japan, United States, United Kingdom, Tanzania, Turkey, Russian Federation, and the United Arab Emirates.


I marked Kota Bharu, Ipoh and Southampton- all three!





This was the first conference that I presented outside the UK. I had a marvellous time at the conference. It was indeed a memorable experience as I endured another interesting event during the trip. (I will try to share the excitement about the trip in another post).


There was a pact of activities during the conference. I enjoyed attending a few activities before and after the presentation. I learned plenty of new things there. There were the usual oral presentation, poster presentation, the seminar, hands-on activities, networking activities and many more. Also, there were two keynote speeches:

  • Digital Leadership: Changing Paradigms for Changing Time by Eric Sheninger
  • How Neuroscience is Changing What We Know about Learning: Practical Insights for Instructors by Barbara Oakley

Can you find me?


You can click on the link below to view the detail about other activities during the conference and watch the conference videos.

Link to the archived website

During the previous MCO and recently CMCO, I have been learning many new things while preparing a module for my pupils. Yes, learning never stops for me. I like to challenge myself and learn new things. Hence, I tried the anyflip and created the ebook from the research paper.



Please click on the link below to read the paper.

https://bit.ly/inclusivetraininglilyjohn

or

Link to the IATED Digital Library




A few photos



I will try to write and share more soon.


#Take care and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment